28 March 2010

bernie's jacket


so my friend needed her rain coat shortened i am semi proud of the outcome so i thought i would share!!!! firstly i ripped out the sleeves, then i ripped out a bit of the lining at the top of the arm pulled the sleeve through the whole, then pinned the arm at the desired length sewed it.....


this bit turned out great!!!!!


........... but this bit well i reckon it should have turned out better but oh well......


the oil cloth did not like to go in straight lines as i found out. so all in all it was a job sort of well done..... more practice is required. maybe interfacing should have been used ( to remover after) and a longer stitch used!!!!
if you have any tip's they will be gratefully received!!!!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx