19 May 2012

Abakhan Fabrics, Sewing Seams for 15


Hello there peeps....
So this post has been in the pipe line for to long, why you ask? Life and Laundry is why! 
I was approached by the lovely Abakhan Fabrics, and asked if I would like to write for their news section on their site... I have to say I was so excited to be contacted... I mean me!!!! Anyways on to the nitty gritty.

I will be writing a post once a month called.... Drum roll please!

"Sewing Seams For 15"

The idea is for just £15, yes fifteen pounds, you can make a garment/outfit for you or yours, whatever takes your fancy! I will be making a garment/outfit every month, hoping to give you inspiration by the bucket load... I mean if I can do it, YOU most certainly can too!

So for my first SSFF (Sewing Seams For 15) I wanted to get straight in to making something for my boys. I always find that sewing for men and boys can have it's challenges... I mean finding a pattern worth it's salt is hard enough!

 
So when I came across this wee bute, I thought right this is the one. It's not a everyday jacket I know, but I thought it was very "cool" not to sure if I'm showing how not up with the kids I am saying that, I think it's all "sweet" & "ream" now!!! 

 I am very happy with the collar, I reckon it turned out well... There was alot of basting which I found time consuming but alas look it's crisp indeed!!

 The buttons came from my stash, I was not to sure to begin with because I had a wooden set in the frame but ... I think that these turned out perfect!!

 I love the linen... Looks so fresh!

Check out them seams!!!
They match!!!
(even if they do need a little press, the trials of working with linen!!)

*********

So on to my wee model shoot!
This months model is my Finn...

Our rainy photo shoot!!!

What a smile!!

The trousers were just the right length...

They are oh so very comfortable I'm told!

I have to say I had so much fun with this challenge, I done alot of research for it and I have a few helpful links to share with you, I am so a visual learner so these would have helped me when I first started sewing, and a great refresher for me now!

*Working with linen ~ Fantastic with more links
*Sewing curved pockets ~ Simple but great tip
*Sewing a vent ~ It's for a skirt but a great visual

******
 So on to the numbers huh!!!

~ Pattern 
Age 1y-4y
£6.50

1 Meter
(with some left to stash!)
£0.65

1 Meter
(with 3/4 left over for stashing)
£0.89

 3 x 1 meter
£11.05
(You will only use 1.5 meters so 1.5 for the stash!)
£6.03

~ Buttons
x4 metal anchors @ £0.36 = £1.44



TOTAL £15 exactly!

So there's my first instalment of 

"Sewing Seams For 15"

I hope you guys have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed sewing/writing it..... Any questions comments or suggestions, I would love to hear them in the comments below, I read and answer all. Just check back later on. I hope to see you all back next month.

This was a sponsered post

Abakhan Fabric

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work, and I do love those prices too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cal, I'm chuffed with the way the jacket worked out. And my wee model was great :)

      Delete

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx