14 December 2010

Gertie's coat sew-along.... Still!!

Hello well I have lasted till now on caffeine.... Fingers crossed I make it till tonight.... What on earth is she talking about? My last post explains all!

I managed to get photos of my jacket for the sew-along Gertie was doing a while ago.... I have been as ever caught up, in my own little circle of life and laundry! I made the coat with a old curtain material as my muslin. Please ignore the strip of white fabric I cut it the wrong way!

I am happy with 95% of it ---BUT--- Yes you knew the 5% would be mentioned


It's the button whole, it's a 2-3 inches out....And now I need to alter it. It really does fit everywhere else like a glove!!
*Do I take in the princess seam??
*Do I just move the button hole??
*I thought about taking the excess of at the front but that would ruin the lapels!

This is a help me post for the ever talented Gertie
Do you have tip's?
Do you have a post on this??
Could you link me a post you have on this??
I would love to make a start on my REAL coat!!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. wow, I think it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! That's just about where my buttonhole is. What do you mean by it being 2-3" out? Does it not match up with the button marking? Is the whole thing too big?

    Sorry if I'm sounding dense, just not sure I understand yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tips (trust me you wouldn't want me to offer any!) but wanted to say how very pretty your jacket is!!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx