27 November 2012

Kimono update....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hello there
 
 
I am still working on the kimono, Have to say this project is one of my all time faves it has been a pleasure to work with... I have really enjoyed every min of it.
 
It has not only been lovely to work with BUT it has been very educational... Seeing the way it has been put together... it has all been made by hand I can't imagine how long it took to make it originally, I'm only mending it and it's taking a while..... That being said I am taking my time with it as I'm enjoying it so much!
 
So where am I now
 
 
The inside back seam is done....
 

 
This is the hem....
 
 
 
Ta-da!!!!
 
I now just have the collar and the inside arm to do then it's ready to be put in the Christmas gift pile. Oh and I have to make a waist tie too... I look forward to choosing the fabric for that!! I would love to make a pattern for this as it it a original, and has been executed with amazing workmanship... Watch this space and I'll let you know...
 
Let me know if you would like to have the tute written up?!?!?!
 
Anyways I'm off to enjoy the Autumn sunshine before I pick up the boys.
 
XoXoXoXoX
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you area brave woman to attempt a kimono. It is looking gorgeous!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest, Traci?
    I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.

    Would be so rapt if you joined us!

    There’s a little giveaway too. :-)

    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html

    Take care
    
Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in!!! I'm loving working on the kimono... Such a great learning curve. A great sofa craft too!!! xx

      Delete

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx