16 May 2010

oh no poor banana cake!!!!

so i have just made a banana cake......
i got the recipe from Vicki my apron swap partner here


i feel i must have gone wrong along the way HELP!!!!!
was it the tin i used????? i didn't know the size so just filled is 2/3's
was it the wholegrain self raising flour?????
OR is it that my oven is fan assisted????

basically it's a little burnt on the outside.....& a bit more stodgy on the inside?!?!?!?!

if your reading this vicki.....
HELP!!!!!!!

i did put the remainder of the mix in a oven dish with 4 spaces they got slightly more crispy but they still tasted dam good, i must get this on right as it would be a good snack for me and the boys to make and eat......
mmmmmmmmmm

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Ooops

    I reckon my tin is about 2/3 full when we make it. Can only think your oven was up too high? I do mine for about an hour @ 160 - if it ever looks like it might burn I turn the oven down a tad or cover the top of the tin with foil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok well i must do that i think i'll perfect your banana cake then move on to your ginger yummyness mmmmm i am off to sew your bias now not long now till all is revealed huh so looking forward to our swap!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post i like it, keep blogging and If you want too, kindly and please visit my blog http://jabrasr.blogspot.com/ thank you in advance.

    I would like also to share this to your reader,... The Succes and Opportunity Family:

    The father of succes is WORK,
    The mother of succes is AMBITION,
    The oldest son of succes is COMMON SENSE
    Some of the other sons of success are PERSEVERENCE, HONESTY, THOROUGHNESS, FORESIGHT, ENTHUSIASM, and COOPERATION;
    The oldest daughter of succes is CHARACTER,
    Some sisters of success are CHEERFULNESS, LOYALTY, CARE, ECONOMY, and SINCERITY,
    The baby is OPPORTUNITY.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx