16 May 2010

oh no poor banana cake!!!!

so i have just made a banana cake......
i got the recipe from Vicki my apron swap partner here


i feel i must have gone wrong along the way HELP!!!!!
was it the tin i used????? i didn't know the size so just filled is 2/3's
was it the wholegrain self raising flour?????
OR is it that my oven is fan assisted????

basically it's a little burnt on the outside.....& a bit more stodgy on the inside?!?!?!?!

if your reading this vicki.....
HELP!!!!!!!

i did put the remainder of the mix in a oven dish with 4 spaces they got slightly more crispy but they still tasted dam good, i must get this on right as it would be a good snack for me and the boys to make and eat......
mmmmmmmmmm

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ooops

    I reckon my tin is about 2/3 full when we make it. Can only think your oven was up too high? I do mine for about an hour @ 160 - if it ever looks like it might burn I turn the oven down a tad or cover the top of the tin with foil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok well i must do that i think i'll perfect your banana cake then move on to your ginger yummyness mmmmm i am off to sew your bias now not long now till all is revealed huh so looking forward to our swap!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx