15 August 2010

steak and ale pie recipie yum yum....


you may all know me as a sewer, a mummy and a thrifty lover but today i though i would share my passion for food.....

this is a defo a firm fav in my house
it's all in the prep too so no labor intensive cooking required!!!

so what do you need for this winning meal :)

450g diced steak beef
250g of button mushrooms
2 onion's
440ml of stout
400ml of water
a good shake of gravy i would say 4-5 tablespoons
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon's of tomato puree
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
black pepper to taste

now you could make your own puff pastry but i just buy it pre made!!!
so all i need then is a egg

now for the prep......

brown the steak, then add the mushrooms & onions, leave for 5 mins then add the flour then leave for a couple of mins

whilst this is going on add all the other ingredient's in to a pot bring to the boil then, cook for 5 mins

now transfer all ingredient's into a pot and put in the oven for 1 hour at 200c 400f gas mark 6 stir occasionally, then for the last 15 mins remover the lid
this is also when you should have your egg beat and pastry glazed as it should go in when the lid is removed from your steak

i always serve this with creamy mash as the dish is full of gravy goodness
is you put you mash on the plate as a big donuts then you can put your steak in there and add your puff to the top

be prepared for a clean plate!!!!!

YUM YUM!!!!

for desert why not try......

cat Taylor's brownie's, i shall be trying these out sometime this week
OR
frog, goose & bears, shortbread, something else i shall be trying this week

hope you all are having a fab weekend
and you like my steak pie yummyness

xxx


1 comment:

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx