21 October 2012

Kimono bringing the couture sewer in me Blogtoberfest #20

 
 
Hey there, how are you all ??
 
 
I just wanted to give you a wee peek of what I'm up to.. Everyone has their own sewing style, their certain places to sew or craft (for me crochet/bead) certain projects.. I suppose, it all comes down to the space you have and how obvious you want to be your crafting in public ... That and your ability to travel with said craft....
 
I have started my new "sofa sewing/craft project" being that it is way to big to carry around with me..
 

This is a kimono I was won in a giveaway from Kerrie ~Charm & Laundry... She has a lovely wee blog running a vintage pattern giveaway right now... Click the link you know you want too!!
 
 
This is the collar (Neck)
 
 
 
 Lapel..
 
 
 
Back seam (linning)
 
 
 
 
Done!!
 

 
 
There are a few fixes of the past that have met my ripper already!!
 
 

 And this is the arm....
 
 
 
I'm working on this right now...
I love this project, it is a challenge. It is so intricate at parts, the armpits... for want of a better name!!! Were hectic but alas after much ripping and futtering I have found a way to strengthen it...
 
This is gonna make the gratest Christmas present.. It has been on the to-do pile for like EVER but I can now say I have the time, space and concentration required!
 
Do you have a project that's just sitting waiting on you?!?!
 
Please share!!!
 
PS. Remember to head on over to charm and laundry for a wee wander!!
 
 
 
XoXoXoX
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx