29 October 2012

Accuquilt Rag quilt Agogo!!!! Tips/Tutorial Blogtoberfest #29

 
Good morning peeps...
 
Another Monday has come ALREADY. How did that happen!! I think kids make time disappear!! Talking of my boys.... We are officially in school/nursery FULL-TIME can I hear a WOOP WOOP!!!!! Very happy mummy right now. I now have time to make me a little rota of craft that will hopefully turn in to a wee business.
 
Well on to my rag quilt Tada!! As you know I have been playing with my Go cutter.... I am in love this is a fantastic gadget to have if you have a passion for quilting, your cutting time is minimal and you can get right down to the fun stuff QUILTING!!!!!
 



So as you can see I've been busy cutting & cutting away.. The mat has taken quite a battering. I'm so glad they are available in the UK. And for £9.20!!
 
 
******
 
There was alot of prep for the perfect rag square...
 


 
I have but 2 bits of tape on my sewing machine plate.. 1. ~ at the 1cm mark 2. ~ at the back so you can line up the corners. and there was no need for a 3rd as the mark is just at the edge of the foot plate at the front!! People may find this all a but too much but it does make for the "perfect" square.
 
Another couple of tips....
 
1. ~ When quilting the squares, I have been doing a backward stitch just to secure, I have from the corner done - 2 stitches forward 1 back then stitched to the opposite corner... And then done 2-3 backward stitch. The reason for the 1 back stitch at the start, is the stitch length is longer!! It messes up the perfect~ness!!
 
2. ~ If you are worried about sewing a "perfect" cross (for the quilting of rag square) then finger press at the beginning of each stitch!
 
 
 
So what do you think?!?!?
 
The owl fabric is from Abakhan Fabrics Manchester store. I love love it so very quirky and very me!! If you live near a Abakhan Fabric store you should defo head in for a visit.. It's a one stop shop... Me and the boys are heading over to Manchester for a holiday this weekend. I will be in for a wander!! If your like me and don't have a store near you why not check out their new Delivery section.
 
Well I'm off on my secret mission... All will be revealed on Wednesday.
 
XoXoXoX
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, Thanx for stopping by my wee blog. I read all your lovely comments they make me smile! I do reply so check back here later. If you have any questions feel free to email me I shall get back to you. Thanx again & have a fab day :) xx